The College of Visual Arts and Design is committed to providing students with the latest technology required to succeed in a creative, artistic profession. These computer classrooms and facilities, located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Art Building, offer state-of-the-art technology and the most current software applications.
COMPUTER CLASSROOM GUIDELINES (ART 233, 313, and 338)
- Classrooms are only accessible to students during active class periods. If an instructor cancels class, or class ends early, all students must vacate the classroom.
- There is no eating near the computers. All food and beverages must be in sealed containers to prevent spills on the equipment. If liquid can leak out of the container when turned upside down, it should not be on the desk.
- No unapproved software installation. All approved software is either pre-installed or found in the Self Service (Mac) or Software Center (Windows) applications.
- Instructors are responsible for securing the room after class ends. Be sure all students have vacated and that all doors are closed securely.
CLASSROOMS ON WHEELS
Available for checkout by CVAD students and faculty:
- 20 MacBook Pros (Mac OSX - no Windows) with the same Mac software titles as on the lab computers
- CVAD enrolled students may check out one laptop at a time, due back each day one hour before the lab closes (see lab hours)
- CVAD faculty may reserve a cart of twenty laptops to use in their classrooms.
- Reservations: send an email to CVAD.ClassroomOnWheels@unt.edu specifying the date, time and class they are for
- Pick the cart up in ART 375 before class
Faculty may reserve a computer classroom by contacting the main CVAD office at email@example.com.
Students wishing to reserve a classroom must contact their faculty advisor.
For a list of software titles available on computers in classrooms, click here.